Awarding the people who live in the moment,
The noble who write and capture the best in life,
The bold who reminded us what really mattered –
Savoring the experience of quality time.
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award; and winners notify them the great news.
- What makes a good acceptance speech?
- Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
- Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
- Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
- Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
- Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
- Wow, This is such an awesome honor! I am stunned that I got this award and was sat among the 14 others who won. To be in the same league as them is an honor. You know, I look back on the very first post I ever had with this blog and I have to laugh. It was about laundry and me doing my laundry and zoning out to it. Then a few weeks later I opened a bottle of soda with ice in it and wrote a blog about how the little things made me happy. I was dumbstruck when so many people saw it and I was freshly pressed because of it. I fear I don’t do that justice but I believe that because of this blog I have grown. It made me open my mind to a new world of possibilities and to viewpoints of others. My followers ( or as I like to call them, my “Gang”) are the coolest people ever and their comments inspire me to no end, as do their blogs! I know I am supposed to pick 15 but I chose 5. I choose these five because they hold true to those lines above and what this award is all about.
THE WINNERS OF THE BEST MOMENT AWARD ARE:
Beenaplantdoctor-This blog is great because it showcases an amazing vulnerability that is truly rare. The writer purges her thoughts in a catharsis that is incredibly honest. Some times about personal triumphs, others about her travels around her city but always about self-knowledge.
Fencing With Ink– This individual is a published author, he has been freshly pressed and he is a nice guy. It has been a pleasure watching his blog grow and transition from crosslenz to “fencing”. His posts are funny, insightful and poignant. I am incredibly jealous of him and you will be as well when you check out his blog.
On The Homefront and Beyond– This is a great blog that has humor and heart an excellent read!
Sweet The Sound– I haven’t had much of a chance to catch up on all of the blogs that I follow and this was a blog that evaded me for a while. So, a while back I began reading and I couldn’t stop. If you go through her back catalog what you get is a music loving free spirit who is easy to relate to. Some posts are as simple as offering advice on a new band but others are deep and complex. You get to know the character of the author and her personal peaks and valleys.
Overexposed + Underdeveloped– This is an ensemble of individuals who post some of the most touching, profound, earnest and funny blogs I have read. I wish that I could write even a little bit as well as these individuals. Amazingly poignant and a delight to read.
Well, that’s it! These are my picks simply because they are the blogs that I love and that embody this award. Kudos to them!
Don’t forget to celebrate with your followers! Tweet your success with hashtag #MomentMatters. Congratulations, winners!